Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spring!

Well, in a few days time, at least.

Didn't like the old banner anyway. Had a bit of free time, so I decided to have some fun.

Hehe

---

Hmm, 10 weeks.

After 10 weeks of work, I was given an evaluation on how I was doing, and to see if I can move out of my n00b peon status to a full fledged peon to the company.

I dare say I passed with flying colours.

It must be my upbringing. From what I've learnt, you don't go home until the things is done.

Down here, it's "Time's up! Whoops! Sucks to be you. Long queue? Not my problem. Ja ne!"

But what is even more saddening is that the management here doesn't really take actual experience into account.

Apparently, some 3rd in-charge got hired, but had no idea what to do. The management finally got rid of her (or will get rid of her in a week). However, instead of replacing her with someone who has worked for over 4 years or someone with equal experience, they are getting some 17 year old 3 IC from some unknown bean bag.

Admittedly, if you are not advancing after 4 years, you should reconsider your career....

Still, while it may be a good choice for the company in general (Younglings get paid less. A lot less.), the morale of the entire checkout crew has been greatly affected, with quite a few (already disgruntled) people planning to leave ASAP. However, while some are studying at the moment, many more have come straight from school to work, which seriously narrows their career path.

Welcome to the real world, I guess. :< Not that I'm an elitist, but let's face it, if you want your choice to be open, you will need education (I love economics...).

However, I've decided.

I'm not going to really further my career in this place as I had planned in the first place. Work recognition is too small, and if any, won't reach the ears of the people who has the power to do anything, assuming they even care.

I'll just continue to work as the peon I am. ^_^

And now, time to look for an intern job.... Mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home